Ethan Dean Art

Check out my art blog http://ethandeanart.blogspot.com/

Friday, February 3, 2012

Week in Review




So I made a point to keep track of all the websites I've been to this past week, but I didn't do it. And as for that film list last week, I couldn't watch a single film. Actually, I did watch A Streetcar Named Desire, but it's one of those films I have to watch again.

Anyways, this is my best recount of the links I've visited throughout the week

David Lynch and Michael Fassbender interview over at Interview magazine

Here's a quote taken from the Fassender interview. Fassbender on McQueen:

"That’s the thing with Steve. He’s kind of like a little boy and an old man at the same time. He’s sort of masculine, and yet he’s also got a very feminine quality. The first thing that struck me when I met him was that he doesn’t pull any punches. There’s no room for bullshit with him. To give an example, on Shame we were doing a scene that was pretty full-on, and he came onto the scene, and I was like, “Yeah, that’s pretty good for a first take. You know, not bad.” Then he said, “Let’s have a chat.” So we went into a separate room, and he was like, “Some actor geezer just came into the room here. That wasn’t Michael Fassbender. I know what you’re doing, but you’ve got to find something different.” [both laugh] I was like, “Oh, shit.” So I went back to the drawing board and tried to pare things down and just make them honest. It’s such a clichéd thing to say, but it’s true. His philosophy is to just go for it—go to a place and see what comes of it, because we’re all gonna die one day, so what have you got to lose? If you fall flat on your face, then you fall flat on your face. It makes for a scary environment, but a very exciting one as well . . . And then I see the grip, who’s been in the business for, you know, 35 years, and he’s like, “Show him that you’re brilliant. Don’t let Steve down.” [Brolin laughs] So that feeling he creates is not just between the actors and director but literally throughout the entire crew making the film. You know, if you can keep the crew guessing and interested in what you’re doing, then chances are . . ."

Inside David Lynch's nightclub Silencio in Paris.
He designed all the interiors. (warning) There's not many pictures, which defeats the point of the article. I figure journalists love to talk about what they know and they how they know it and who knew it before them and how that person found out, especially British journalists. Needless to say, there's only about three pictures and about 100 words per picture. Still, it gives a taste of the design language inside the club.

Link to the Moonbot Studios website

Photos of 1950's New York

Link to Ron Howard's Twitter page. He has some cool set photos from Rush.

Oh, and Brad Bird may direct Here They Be Monsters

And...there's more sites I've been to this week, but not many of you will follow the links anyway, sooo, I'm finished (a la Daniel Plainview).

No comments:

Post a Comment